Various Facebook posts have circulating online with puppies available through our rescue with a phone number to pay a deposit. IT IS A SCAM. We do not require a deposit for adoption, never pay without seeing the dog. REPORT THE POSTS.
Happy Trails Animal Rescue is a foster based rescue network located in Central Florida. All of our adoptable dogs live with volunteer foster families throughout Orange, Seminole and Osceola County and adoptions are done by appointment only after application and screening process.
Our Adoption Process
All of our adoptable animals live with volunteer foster families throughout Central Florida – we do NOT have a kennel building for you to visit and adopt. In order to adopt through our organization you would need to complete the following steps:
- View the adoptable pets by clicking the button above – make sure to READ ALL INFO in the bio before applying or calling for additional information.
- Fill out the adoption application online – you MUST have an approved application on file BEFORE we can set up a meeting.
- Expect it to take an average of one week to ten days for the volunteers to complete your application screening which includes: background check, reference check, veterinary reference, and home visit.
- Once approved a volunteer will conduct an interview and schedule a meeti and greet.
- Additional meet and greets with other pets in the home or training sessions may be required prior to finalized adoption.
- Our adoption fees are: $150 for large breed adult dogs, $200 for small breed adult dogs, $175 for large breed puppies (under one year of age) and $250 for small breed puppies (under one year of age).
- All dogs are spayed, neutered, vaccinated, HW tested and micro chipped and have been examined healthy unless otherwise noted.
- All adoptions include free lifetime training support through our organization.*
- All applications must reside in the state of Florida, have an active source of income (ex. a job or social security) to ensure ability to cover the lifetime expenses of adoptive pet, at least 18 years of age (a second adopter is required if over 70 years of age), no convictions of violent crimes to humans or animals or recent felony charges, written approval from landlord if renting that includes weight and breed of adoptive dog, if other animals are in the adoptive home all must be on prevention, fixed, and up to date on vaccines including DHYPP and rabies.
*Must reside within our training coverage/travel area for training support.